Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Umbrella- A story of empathy, love and gratfullness

 Hi again, 

We have been writing a small chunk of the short film Umbrella which is all about a girl who went to visit an orphanage and her whole life was changed. Through a small act of kindness she had made the greatest choice of her life. Here is my chunk comment below what you think!

-Umbrella-

One foggy dawn, while the dew fell upon the leaves, the door to Miss Elm’s Home for Children sprang open with a bang! The girl with the stunning, sunshine yellow umbrella tiptoed reluctantly into the orphanage, quickly finding a safe home for her umbrella. And not wanting to be seen Boris crisply whipped his head round the door frame so he was hidden from view. Standing off to the side the little girl watched the glorious scene as the children searched in the box for her lost treasures. A smile glistened across the girl's face as she watched the other young girl clutch the doll as if she was her own mother. The girl's smile swiftly melted as she looked over to the umbrella stand that was left with puddles of cold water. Her beloved umbrella had been stolen before her very eyes.



I hope you like the story for the real clip search Umbrella short film on YouTube or click the link below.

Link to clip=Umbrella ( short film )



2 comments:

  1. Morning Chydale,

    Wow! You have used some really great words in your story Chydale. "One foggy dawn, while dew fell on the leaves", really has me visualizing what the day was looking and feeling like. Well done. Thank you for including the link to the short film, I think this is a great idea. Who do you think has stolen the yellow umbrella?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog.
      The video showed that the orphan boy stole the umbrella because it brought back memories of his father. Its a really nice video you should definitely watch it if you haven't.
      -Chydale

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post