Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Early Christchurch and Christchurch now

 Ki ora, 

Today I was learning about Ōtautahi-Christchurch. The name Ōtautahi comes from the Moari cheif tuatahi. He owned a large amount of Ōtautahi coming from the Margret Mahy Playground stretching out a bit.  Today the area the tautahi owned is replaced with the Margret Mahy Playground which is a fun family playground known throughout New Zealand. The Playground was built after the Christchurch earthquakes in 2010 and 2011. The first settlers in Christchurch were the European Moa Hunters. They set forests on fire so they could use the Moas for food. Between 1500 and 1700 the North Island Moari came to Christchurch. By then the Moa hunters were all killed or left Christchurch. 

What have you learned. Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post